Recently, Amanda over at Celiac and Allergy Adventures nominated me as one of seven blogs for a Beautiful Blogger award! 😀
The award comes with the following rules:
Link back to the person who nominated you. Done, see above!
Post the award to your page. Check!!
Tell 7 facts about yourself.
Nominate 7 bloggers and tell them about it.
Let me nominate my seven bloggers first. This was hard, because Celiac and Allergy Adventures nominated some of the same blogs that I like to follow. I also follow some blogs with male authors, and I don’t know if they would want to be called a Beautiful Blogger, LOL, so I felt I should choose only female bloggers. At any rate, I have seven different ones that are all worthy of a look.
In no particular order:
1. ZiZai Dermatology. This blog, written by a dermatologist, is very educational, well-laid-out, and informative. It actually helped me confirm that I seem to be allergic to beeswax (bee propolis) from the author’s own post about her experiences. I had on and off issues with perioral dermatitis above and under my lips, but I haven’t really had any concerns with those areas since I stopped using any chapsticks with beeswax! And I may never have figured that out if not for that blog post.
2. My Eczema Tales. Here is another female posting about her trials and tribulations with eczema and detailing things that work for her.
3. It’s an Itchy Little World. This is a mom detailing her young son’s struggle with eczema. There are a bunch of other allergy/eczema related blogs on her Blogroll that I will be checking out!
4. Fancieland. I discovered Fancie when she liked a makeup-related post on my blog. Although I am really cautious with wearing a lot of makeup since I don’t want to irritate my skin, I love seeing the looks that other people, like Fancie, create.
5. Eyemasq. Talk about beautiful looks! The makeup looks she creates are absolutely stunning and the instructions on recreating them are awesome. I’m looking forward to creating some of these looks someday when I find out for sure what ingredients I am not sensitive to and can maybe buy a whole bunch of safe colorful makeup.
6. Le Zoe Musings. Very fun, huge blog about all kinds of attractive things! I have barely scratched the surface of looking at this blog but I’m excited to peruse it more.
7. Atopic Girl’s Guide to Living. Another blog from a female eczema suffer talking about her trials with eczema, food allergies, asthma, and other things!
And now, the seven things about me, Ms. EczemaExcellence:
1. I kind of live in a cave, technology-wise. I don’t have a smart phone, a tablet, an iPod, or cable TV.
2. I was obsessed with mummies when I was younger. I was convinced I wanted to grow up to be an Egyptologist and work among the pyramids.
3. I could read at the age of 2.
4. One of my proudest physical accomplishments is running my first marathon this past year. I am hooked, and although running is hard, I would love to shoot for an ultra-marathon or even Ironman triathlon someday.
5. I HATE the sound that high heels make on hard surfaces. I like the IDEA of wearing them, as I’m 5’9″ and get a kick out of being REALLY tall, but that damn “clip-clop, clip-clop” sound annoys me every time, and therefore I rarely ever wear them.
6. I was a vegetarian for about a year. Then I began to have wild cravings for chicken (I don’t even LIKE chicken) to the point where I trekked through a snowstorm to buy fast-food chicken fingers. Ugh.
7. I’ve never gone tanning, had a massage, or had a pedicure. And yes, I am a 26 year old female. Am I missing out?